Monday, February 3, 2014

Today's Episode -- Easier Said Than Done...

Do you ever have those times when you're reading and studying something in the Bible, whether it would be Jesus telling you to Love your enemies or deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Me and you're like "uhhh, yeah...easier said than done, Lord".  Our Sunday School class talked about another such case yesterday.

We were studying the Book of James and he starts off with one of those "easier said than done" moments.

.2Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
Last I checked, no one has invited me to celebrate their business tanking or their car getting repo'd or anything like that.  Anyway, one of the verses that we were discussing was this (bold italics are added emphasis)...

 19My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry20because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.
 "But God...do you know how hard it is to not tell someone off after they have lied to you and about you and you want to go execute a Stone Cold Stunner or whatever?"  As Jesse Duplantis would say, "that's your problem...your 'but's in the way!!!"

I'm just as guilty of the "easier said than done"s as anybody else.  God knows how many times I've wanted to do something only to get talked off the figurative ledge by someone saying, "Now Robert are you sure you want to do that?"...especially when I want to go full "big brother" mode on somebody.

I'm sure I'll have more "easier said than done" moments to talk about as we go along on this daily blog, but this is one of the big ones that I struggle with.

That is it for now.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment