Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Vacation Thoughts Part 2

 Hello and welcome back to Keil’s Comments. We made it back to Shawnee about 10p last night. Due to lack of internet connection, I am just now doing part 2.

As promised, I would give a recap of our side trip to Sharon’s home area (Vail/Edwards/Eagle, etc)

First we drove up to Independence Pass and as you can see below the pictures below, it was a little chilly!!!







Independence Pass tops out at 12,095 feet above sea level... and the views are breathtaking to say the least.

Then...we drove through Aspen (traffic was horrendous so we didn’t do any sightseeing or people watching there) and went on to Sharon’s home area.


We stopped and ate at a Mexican food place that has been in business for 30 years called Fiesta’s. It was great food and very reasonable.

Then Sharon showed me the church her dad pastored in when she was growing up. I already posted some pictures so I will spare the repeat posts.

After a few hours there and seeing other sights like the Interfaith Chapel in Vail where her dad also preached for a time, we spent the night in Leadville and ate dinner there at a place called High Mountain Pies! Sharon and I definitely recommend that place!!!






The next morning we headed back, stopping in St. Elmo and seeing that beautiful town and the chipmunks. And yes as I mentioned when I posted the pictures, the John Parr song was playing in my mental MP3 player.

So much to recap so I will have to do a Part 3 later. 

Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment