Sunday, July 21, 2019

Five Fold Thoughts...

Hello everyone! Time for another edition of Keil's Comments. I'll get back to wrapping up my Colorado Vacation Thoughts later but I wanted to relay thoughts on today's sermon at church and some prevailing thoughts that I have had over the years.

Today my pastor was preaching on Walking with my Gifts out of Ephesians 4:7-16. He touched on the common Five Fold Ministry (or 4 Fold since Pastor and teacher are synonymous but for this blog I'll revert to what I have been taught in all my years in church). Todd touched on the fact that you don't hear much about the apostle and prophet in today's church. This is where my questions take over.

I know in today's Church the term "apostle" is not as prevalent, but my question is if a "Church Planter" would be today's version of an apostle, obviously without going through the trials and persecution that the Apostles of the early Church did.

"Prophet" on the other hand...this is seemingly more prevalent in the Charismatic/Full Gospel/Pentecostal circles, but if a person calls themself a prophet or say that they move in a prophetic ministry, you would want to know their track record and see if they have said anything that had been fulfilled -- or as I heard somebody say one time if a person was "prophesying or prophe-lying".

The other three gifts of the ministry you have definitely heard of if you have been in church for any amount of time. The "evangelist" is probably the most spotlighted of them, especially when their main job description is "blow in, blow up and blow out" and if you may have seen a minute of TBN or any of the other Christian networks on cable or satellite. 

Anyway, I have enjoyed our year long series on going Deeper in our walk with the Lord and Deeper in studying the Bible.

As I mentioned, I will get back to my vacation recap in a few days...just in time to make more Colorado memories as I get ready to go to Ponderosa (Colorado's Falls Creek) in a few weeks.

That's all for now. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment