Thursday, February 8, 2018

Jesus Heals (but so does a Z-Pack)

Hello everyone! Time for another Keil's Comments blog post.  Just something to get off of my chest.

You've no doubt seen either on the newscasts or on Social Media a well known Full Gospel/Charismatic evangelist who will remain nameless claiming that we don't need to get a flu shot because Jesus paid the price for our healing and took the flu upon Him when He was on the cross (or something to that effect).

In the interest of full disclosure, I must preface my comments by saying that my brother, sister and I grew up in that environment and that teaching was pretty much a part of the doctrine of the particular church we attended. While I still believe that God can and will heal you if you ask in faith, you also need to use a dash of common sense and go get the flu shot!!! This year has already been one for the record books healthwise across the nation as far as the flu goes. In Oklahoma alone, nearly 130 people have died due to flu complications...and I just saw a story in the Shawnee News-Star where doctors have said that the stomach flu is getting to be bad too. 

So contrary to that particular opinion, Jesus may ultimately be the Great Physician...but it never hurts to use your head and go see your actual doctor!!!  Also, do all the precautions to keep from getting sick in the first place...wash your hands, cover your cough/sneeze, etc.  I've already been sick twice this year, I don't need to do another round...but I know that in the event it happens again, I'll go see my nurse prac and pray for my healing AT THE SAME TIME!!!

That's it for this edition.  I'll get started on Episode 2018-3 of the podcast soon. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment