Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Comparing 1 vs. 2...

Hello everyone and welcome to another edition of Keil's Comments. Let's get down to the brass tacks of today's post...

I am working through a workbook that my pastor gave me that deals with the call to ministry. There's one question that asks "How do you view ministry in relation to other career options?" That's one of those questions that you really have to stop and think about. So I came up with a few right off the top of my head and see what you think.

Being in ministry is like...

  1. Agriculture: Till the soil, plant and water the seed, reap the harvest.
  2. Medical: Minister to the sick (physically, emotionally, spiritually)
  3. Service: Being a servant 
  4. Legal: Speaking up and caring for those less fortunate (orphans, widows, etc)
I know I am probably stretching on those last two, but at least it's a start.

Let me know what other professions can be compared to being in ministry. If you're friends with me on Facebook, leave a comment there.

That is it for now. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment