Monday, July 24, 2017

There's a Call for You on Line 1...

Hey there everyone and welcome to Keil's Comments. As I'm writing this, I'm waiting to go back for my weekly visit with wound care, so this may take a little bit to compose since I am on my phone.

I have written on this blog before about possibly going into ministry (See "A Pastor? Me?!?!", written on December 30, 2012 --yes almost 5 years ago) and I have shared some encouragement on this blog over the years. This will probably come to no surprise to those who have followed this blog since I've started and who read the aforementioned post.

With the support of my wife and my mother in law, I started going through a process of what God would want me to do -- or if you wanted to put it another way; at 45, I think I finally know what I want to be when I grow up. After completing a book detailing God's vision for my life and praying and several other things, I have decided to answer God's call to go into ministry. I am going to be meeting with my pastor and one of the associate pastors at Immanuel Baptist Church this week (as of this writing, it's scheduled for tomorrow afternoon) to discuss what steps to take.

I ask for your prayers and support also -- I know some of my friends will say it's a long time coming.

That is it for now. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment