Thursday, May 28, 2015

That's All I Can Stands, I Can't Stands No More...

With apologies for the grammar, I had to quote Popeye with the title because of something that really gets to me.

A lot of you that know me know that I am a very kind and compassionate person. Sometimes that compassion has a limit.  Case in point -- when I see people post something to the effect of "nobody loves me everybody hates me I'm gonna go eat worms", I have to hit the "I don't want to see this" feature because if I say something to them it might not be what they want to hear.  We went through this with my Grandma Tucker in her later years -- with my mom bearing the brunt of it.

Nobody wants to be around someone who constantly breaks out in the old Hee Haw song "Gloom, Despair and Agony on me" (find it on YouTube, kids...you can thank me for the earworm later) Yes, some of it might be due to the chemical "soup" in your brain going out of whack -- I'm not going to discount that. But when it gets to the point where it's a constant thing, that's when your friends and family whether they are there with you in person or around the world on this little thing called the "information superhighway" have to put their foot down and call timeout.

Do I want you to get help?  If it's needed, yes!!! By all means, get help!!! Whether it's through a psychiatrist, a Pastor, whatever...GET HELP!!! If you do go to someone in the church, can I ask this of you -- if they just chalk it up to something that is going on spiritually and leave it at that, RUN...and I'm being nice when I say that!!! If they haven't "been there", if they haven't struggled with it themselves, then you sure as frack don't need them to tell you what you should do. I'm being absolutely serious when I say that!!! In some circles (read: similar to the church my brother, sister and I grew up in), that is all they will do is chalk it up to Ephesians 6:10-18 and II Corinthians 10:4,5 (two main passages that deal with spiritual warfare) and not even try to go any other route.

I'm sure at some point, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger and everybody else in the Hundred Acre Wood have wanted to tell Eeyore, "Look dude, we love you and everything but you got to do something about that gloomy attitude".  That should bring a smile to somebody!!!

Seriously...if you are feeling like you're walking on your bottom lip, get help!!! Just when it gets to the point of where you are singing "Gloom, Despair and Agony on me" every chance you get...it rubs some people the wrong way. Now that I've referenced the song twice, I have to post it...

I love you guys...and thank you for your understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment