Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Thoughts...

Hello and Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. Even though it should be celebrated every day, it's a day to appreciate what all our moms have done for us.

Something though really gets me and especially on days like today...I don't get those people who harbor hate and resentment toward their moms. Sure she probably stumbled a few times along the way trying to make sure you had what you needed (food, clothing, shelter, etc.), but to go later and bad mouth her saying what a lousy job she did and call her every 4 letter name in the book really makes me shake my head.

It is no secret that I hold my mother in the highest regard.  Yes we had our shortcomings when I was little with her working and doing her best when it was just us two living in North Tulsa -- I've often said that the area where we lived was in the landing pattern of Tulsa International Airport.  But she did her best to make it work.  Even when we moved to Clinton, she did her best to make sure I had everything I needed.  And even then when she married Dad and then along came Stephenie and Jeremy, I hardly ever heard her complain.

So yeah, when I hear people complain and cuss their mother and everything, I just thank God all the more for mine because I want to keep mine around for a while and show her just how much she means to me and to my siblings and her grandchildren.

Happy Mother's Day Mom!!! I love you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment