Thursday, September 11, 2014

Thank You...

I know on a day like today that those two words may not be adequate enough, but what more can you say to those firefighters, police officers, first responders who go into harm's way on a daily basis to protect and serve their community.

I know here in Clinton and in Western Oklahoma we are blessed with some great people working and volunteering in our fire departments, police departments, Sinor EMS and county sheriffs offices.  I know some people might disagree with me on that (especially the latter) and that's fine.

There's a song that I'm putting here...it's a song by BeBe Winans and I think it's perfect for today.  Jesus said "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends" (John 15:13)  That would be the kind of love that would place itself in harm's way...a love for family, a love for community and a love for our country. 

To my friends who are firefighters, police officers, first responders and even my brothers and sisters in the military...THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment