Saturday, November 1, 2014

Continually Giving Thanks...

Woo hoo!!! We've made it to November!!! One month closer to the end of another year, which means all the things associated with it. -- the weather getting chillier, we (hopefully) elect new people to replace ones we think aren't doing their job while keeping the ones that we know they are (and that's another entire post), I'll be one day closer to celebrating the day of my birth, we'll be celebrating and thanking our veterans, and remembering what we are thankful for.  And while we know we should be thankful everyday, there are still going to be posts where people will pick a different thing to be thankful for one day all this month. 

I may not remember to do it everyday, so I'm going to post what I am thankful for on one post (I may not have 30, but I'll work with what I got).

1.  I am thankful that God so loved the world -- that He so loved me -- that He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for our salvation. I am also thankful for the Holy Spirit and the work that He's doing in people's lives today.

2.  I am thankful for my family -- my parents, my brother Jeremy, my sister Stephenie and semi-brother-in-law Josh -- for showing me the unconditional love and for putting up with my mistakes and not holding them up over my head.  I am thankful for 4 beautiful blessings in my nieces (Kaitlin and Kensie) and my nephews (Charley and Jaxson).  I'm also thankful for my extended family -- those that I see often here in Western Oklahoma and my extended family in Burneyville, OK and in the DFW Metroplex.

3.  My First Christian Church family and my pastor Jeff McDowell for being Godly examples and being my church home for a couple of years now.

4.  My friends all over the country, whether we went to school together or church or from being involved in the community or whatever...I am thankful for all of you.

5.  I am thankful for my hometown.  Yes, Clinton has its qualms (very well publicized, I might add) but compared to other cities I have been in, there is nothing like being proud of being from Clinton, OK.

6. I am thankful for living in the greatest nation on Earth and the greatest State in the nation.

7.  I am thankful for my nurse prac and friend Kristy Baker and the work we are doing to getting me back healthy again.

I think that encompasses everything...right now anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment