Friday, July 18, 2014

Upon Further Review....

I've probably written a blog post with a similar title (I'll have to go back and look) but I just want to express my thoughts on a few things.

I'm probably going to make a few Charismatic/Full Gospel/Pentecostal folk mad at me for saying this, but I'm going to say it unapologetic.  There is a song I remember singing which goes...

Whose report will you believe?
We shall believe the Report of the Lord.

That's all well and good...but when you're faced with basically a life and death situation, that dog ain't going to hunt.

Take my current health situation as Exhibit A.  It's one thing to use that and continue down the path where the next thing you know I wind up as the Black Knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail -- losing his arms and legs but he's saying "it's just a flesh wound"...OR I can control the quantity of my food intake, cut out certain foods, do more walking than what I do already (not just to church and back) and maybe this time next year have our friend Becky draw a slimmer version of me.

That's where I'm going to need your help in helping me stay the course.  Those of you who I am in Sunday School with at church...keep me accountable, especially on birthday breakfast Sundays.  I'm sure Nancy can tell me, it pays to have an accountability partner.

That's all I have for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment