Sunday, June 12, 2016

Election 2016 Thoughts...

Welcome to Keil's Comments -- The Written Blog.  While I am taking a break from the podcast, I do have some thoughts I want to share.  These thoughts are my own...

I have been trying to purposely steer clear of the coverage today of the mass shooting in Orlando (except for what pops up on my Facebook feed which I try to hide and on my Twitter feed).  Yes I can give the more dignified "I send my thoughts and prayers to the families and to the City of Orlando" and leave it at that....but then I want to tell my brain to shut up because it wants to go about 55 different directions -- none of which are representative of me.

Yes, the shooting was senseless -- any time a person loses their life prematurely due to gunfire or any kind of violent act, it is senseless.

Yes, it took place at a club that the LGBT community frequent -- would it be any less significant if it was at a "honky tonk" or a biker bar or a "Gentlemen's Club"? Probably not -- you probably wouldn't see continuous coverage on a national scale like there was today.

I am not even going to give the shooter any more publicity than what was mentioned today.  It doesn't matter what his name is or what his MO was.  All that matters is the families of 50 individuals are grieving the loss of their loved one and the families of however many there are that were injured are praying for their healing.  Not to mention those who were witnesses -- you know that they are traumatized by what occurred.

And yes, you'll have those wackos on either side of the political spectrum (including the two major Presidential candidates) use this as some kind of campaign plank for gun reform.  Which leads me to what I really wanted to say in this post...

I really don't know who to vote for come November -- when it comes to the lesser of the two evils, I'm tempted to sit this one out but I know I can't because there are some issues on state questions here in Oklahoma I want to give my voice on, one of which pertains to my friends who are farmers and ranchers and another one that I have a personal investment in and that's education.

At any rate, my mute button has been getting a workout because of all the news stories about whatever topic DJT decided to pull out of his butt to talk about that day...and Lord knows what's going through Hillary's mind.  All I know is between now and November, we as Christians first and Americans second need to do some serious praying and seeking God about this election.  I am at the stage of the game now where I'm concerned about where the US is going as a nation.  Personally, I don't want to be standing in front of any cooling devices when fecal matter makes a collision course for it, if you know what I mean.

That's all I have for now...you can respond either below, on Facebook or Twitter.  I'm still working to get the podcast to where it can be loaded on iTunes.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment