Sunday, December 1, 2013

Dreaming with my eyes wide open...

Do you ever have one of those dreams where you wake up from it like "Oh dear God, please don't let this happen"?   I just had one and "oh God..."

Here's the scenario...

I'm at church sitting in my Sunday School class.  The way our classroom is set up is there are five tables around the room...if you're looking at it from where the teacher stands, there are two tables on your left, one in the center and two tables on the right.  I usually sit at the center table because 1) that's usually the first place I park when I get there and 2) I can hear the teacher.   Anyway, he usually goes around the room from table to table asking for prayer requests and/or praise reports from all of us seated at the various tables.  He comes to the table where I am sitting and I go to start speaking, and....

Mouth is open, but no sound coming out of it.    I try again, nothing.  I try a third time.  Finally, I have this deer in the headlights look like "Oh God...what's going on".   Someone in the room immediately recognizes that I am having some sort of stroke so they whisk me across to the hospital.  And someone did have the presence of mind to go get Mom and Dad and let them know what was going on.


It's one of those dreams where I don't know if it was a warning to prepare me or one of those "scare tactics" that the devil likes to throw out there on occasion.  Whatever it is, I just pray that that doesn't happen, especially if it is that specific...

No comments:

Post a Comment