Monday, January 28, 2013

Baby Steps...

Good Monday morning from Casa de Keil in West Clinton...

As some of you may have noticed on my Facebook and Twitter, I have been starting to use the treadmill.  Since Stephenie moved to SE Oklahoma, she left the treadmill with us so mainly Dad can still run and train for his 5K's and to keep himself healthy.  After the first of the year, I decided to start getting on the treadmill to get healthy myself.  So I started out walking on the treadmill for 10 mins about twice a week.  I have since started (as of today) to go every other day (Mon/Wed/Fri), still for 10 mins.  Once that's pretty well established, I'll bump it up to 15 mins and so on.

I said when I started that I may not get to the 5K or half-marathon pace that Dad and Stephenie are at, but at least I am making an effort.

As for my appetite...that's another ball game all together.  Yes, I see pics of different things like a Jiggs Wooly Burger or watch shows on Food Network or go on food sites and my taste buds go bonkers.  That's another thing I need to tackle too without going off the deep end.

It's going to be a labor of love for me, I know...especially (if you have read my previous blog entries) since I'm doing my best and following what God wants me to do.  But as we know from Romans 8:28 (NIV) And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.

That's about it for right now.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment