Saturday, September 10, 2011

10 years later...

I don't mean to sound like I'm "Robbie Downer" (after all, my mom's name is Debbie)...but I haven't been getting into all the spirit of reflection on what happened 10 years ago tomorrow.  Much like right now, I had other thoughts going through my mind...the least of which was reacting to planes crashing into the World Trade Center towers, the Pentagon and crashing in a field in Pennsylvania and the magnitude of it all.  It was later in the afternoon seeing of all people the late Peter Jennings on ESPN did I realize that it was big.

I was struggling with some issues of my own at that time...some may say I'm still struggling with them today but oh well.  Like I said, I don't mean to sound crass but Sept. 11, 2001 was just another day for me.  True, it affected me as an American, but I was dealing with other things in my life.  And I'll leave it at that...

No comments:

Post a Comment