Thursday, November 7, 2019

Adding More Plates...


Hello and welcome to another edition of Keil's Comments.

I have been busy as of late, especially with my responsibilities at the Red Cross (hence the reason for the title of this blog post). I have been doing a lot of DAT response (Disaster Action Team) and making sure our vehicles are serviced and stuff. Now comes something that goes along with what I do for a living.

I went to the main Red Cross office in Oklahoma City this morning to talk with our Chief Communication Officer (basically the spokesperson for our organization) and expressing my desire to use my radio and blogging/podcasting expertise for the Red Cross.  As a result, she has named me the Volunteer Media Lead for our area which entails South Central and Southeast Oklahoma including Shawnee, Ada, Ardmore, McAlester, Duncan, Davis, Sulphur, etc.

I'll still work for KWSH and One Ten Broadcast Group, but I'll be sharing my talents to other stations and newspapers in our area.

That's about it for now. If you'll excuse me, I got to make sure the plates keep spinning...


No comments:

Post a Comment