Saturday, December 15, 2018

Christmas 2018 Thoughts...

Hello everyone and welcome to Keil's Comments.  

It's time for my annual tradition unlike any other...my not-so-corny traditional Christmas letter.

This year has been a year of good changes here at Casa de Keil Shawnee...if you've followed me on social media throughout the year, you can about guess what I will be talking about.

This year my primary focus was on my health...I started my weight loss journey in March, culminating with my surgery in October.  At the start of the journey, I weighed 510 lbs. As of this writing, I am down to 406 lbs...that's a grand total of 104 lbs and counting.  By the end of the year I hope to get to sub-400 for the first time in a long time. Just think, when I go to renew my drivers license next year, I won't have to lie about my weight *wink wink*

Sharon has also been on a weight loss journey of her own with Weight Watchers and (also as of this writing) losing over 75 lbs and counting. Between the two of us, that's about as much as a whole person. Wanda, my mother in law has been losing through Weight Watchers also.  

My legs are getting much better...we hope to be fully healed by the end of the year so I won't have to keep my leg wrapped all the time.

Another good change this year was the addition of a couple of family members...our oldest daughter Elizabeth and her fiance' Bronson got married this summer where they live in Hot Springs. The other family member came just a few weeks ago when Elizabeth gave birth to a beautiful baby girl named Erza Starr. At last check Mom, Dad and Erza are doing real well.

This year, I got to go back to work in radio producing HS football games for one of the stations in the area.  It was fun on Friday nights working my games while still keeping tabs on the Red Tornadoes...if only Wewoka had a better record than they did.

I have gotten more involved with Community Renewal this year...trying to be more active as a block leader in my neighborhood.  I've also been involved with the local Red Cross chapter here in Shawnee...the person who heads the chapter has also had gastric sleeve surgery so he knows what I've been going through.

Now that we're almost closing out 2018 and getting ready to welcome 2019, my goals for the new year are as follows (notice I didn't say "resolutions"):

-- Continue to be the husband that God has called me to be and to improve in my listening and communication skills. 

-- Keep up my weight loss...I'm not going to set a specific number but keep going down one or more pounds at a time. Also to keep up the progress in other areas of my health...

-- Stay involved with Community Renewal and the Red Cross, getting more experiences under my belt.

-- Be more involved in ministry at Immanuel and be open to where God will lead me there.

-- Be a great employee and do my job as unto the Lord.

That is about it for now.  Sharon, Wanda and I (and the doggies) wish you all the best this Christmas and may 2019 be the best year for you and your family





No comments:

Post a Comment