Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Weekend Recap...

Hello everyone and welcome to another Keil's Comments blog.  Let's get to it...

This past weekend was an awesome one. It started Thursday night when Sharon and I along with our friends Matthew and Madeline went to see Avengers: Endgame.  I will avoid to give any spoilers but I will say that it runs the gamut of emotions. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll cheer, your jaw will drop but all in all, it's a great movie!!!

Then as you might have seen by the pictures and videos I posted, I went to Falls Creek (which is a Baptist-owned camp and conference facility in Southern Oklahoma down around Davis) with a few other guys from my church to a men's retreat. It had been my first time in nearly 18 years to be there...and it was awesome! When you hear men sing at the top of their lungs "Oh praise the Name of the Lord our God, Oh praise His Name Forevermore..." it just gets to you. The speakers were tremendous. Former Sooner Tommie Harris knocked his speech out of the park.

Again, if you saw the video I posted, I did a 5K that Saturday morning.  Since Falls Creek sits in the middle of the Arbuckle Mountains, there were definitely a lot of inclines and declines but I took them in stride. After I got done, I hurried and ate a little bit of breakfast (more on that later) and got showered before I started the breakout sessions. I was running late so I didn't get a chance to go to one of the breakout sessions I wanted to go to but the one I did was awesome. It was the session where I got to hear from former Clemson coach Tommy Bowden (his dad Bobby was sitting in the first session before he had to go get ready to speak in the main session that morning). Both Coaches Bowden are great gentlemen and legends. The pics I took with them was done between the first and second session. I can see why the person who is the head of the BGCO Men's Ministry, another former Sooner Bubba Burcham invited them (not just because of the football aspect).

Overall, the retreat was a great experience and I've already called my shot to go back next year.

That's about it for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment